Thursday, January 01, 2009

Calvin's Institutes ~ another French man teaching me theology

I decided last week that in addition to my existing reading and study commitments, I really want to read through Calvin's Institutes in 2009 using the reformation21.org plan. So far I'm ahead of schedule!

I was very glad that Justin Taylor's blog pointed me to today's post by Elsie McKee at Princeton Seminary's website--very confirming and helpful as I get deeper into the Institutes.

I've long thought that Calvin was (and continues to be) very misunderstood. In just the first few pages I've found confirmation of Calvin's deep humility, unshakable conviction, and refreshing wit. Perhaps I'm able to better understand Calvin because I've been married to a French man for over 26 years! :-)

No comments: