Thursday, June 21, 2007

Theology MATTERS!

I keep running across some really solid quotes--and my husband points many out to me from his reading--that reiterate the value and importance of theology. So, in my never-ending quest to encourage Xian women to consider, embrace, and "practice" sound theology, I plan to share quotes from time to time that highlight reasons why and ways how theology really "matters".

"...people think they need something other than theology to be soothed and eased...Paul desires, therefore, to introduce [his readers] to the method which can be applied always, and everywhere, and in spite of all circumstances and conditions. Paul was comforting them with the comfort he had received from Christ. He was showing them how he comforted himself with the truths of theology so that they could comfort themselves with it and not be dependent upon his presence with them." Martyn Lloyd-Jones

No comments: