Thursday, June 21, 2007

Food, glorious food!!! (restaurant meme)

This morning I was gearing up to make a "Theology 101" post on supralapsarianism (yes, I'm serious) but before I could do it justice, Lisa at Deo Volente tagged me with this restaurant meme. So, because it would be just plain rude of me to ignore this, and because good food runs a close "second" to good theology in my books I'm putting "Theology 101" on hold for a little while.

Here are the rules of this meme:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Here we go!

We live in Oklahoma--not your "hot spot" of culinary choices and experiences, but it's home! Let me also say that I (we) love to eat! I acquired this passion from my husband and family who are "card-carrying" Cajuns from southern Louisiana. Their motto is, "Some people eat to live, some people live to eat". Ahem, we would be among the latter group of people. :-) Consequently, we often reminisce about our vacation trips and special events based on the food and/or restaurants we enjoyed--obsessed? maybe!

1. Bodean Seafood Restaurant - This is one of our "special occasion" places--quiet, cozy, slow-paced, excellent shrimp and lobster bisque, tender calamari, yum!

2. Backyard Burger - One of our family's favorite "burger" places. We normally order the "Black and Blue" burger--blue cheese crumbled over peppered bacon and a huge hunk of meat (for all you "Cheeseburger in Paradise" fans).

3. Savastano's Pizzeria - Oh my! The first time we went here we thought we should order a large pizza for our family of four. The waitress thought we were crazy and encouraged us to order a small--we ended up taking almost half of it home with us. It is more like a "pie", deep with cheese and a light crust which is more like a "bowl" to hold all the ingredients.

4. Los Cabos Mexican Grill - My family took me here for my birthday last year and I was delighted to find that they have a very good ceviche (if you've never tried it, you should!). Truth is, we like just about any and all Mexican and/or Tex Mex food!

5. And finally, because we ARE a single-income, home schooling family we don't eat out a lot but when we do it is most often, Taco Bueno, Wendy's, Braum's and any other place we can feed a family of four for $15 - 20!

Now, who to tag? I'll give that some thought and get back to ya later today!

No comments: