Thursday, February 19, 2009

Worship: an article by Don Whitney on private worship

"How can once-a-week worship satisfy the heart of those who know and long after God?"

"How can you meet with God and not be compelled to want to meet with Him more often than just what is convenient once a week?"
I always have a handful of topics I'm researching, studying, and pondering. So, from time to time I'll provide a link to an article or post on a particular topic that I found helpful and/or challenging.

One ongoing topic has been worship--here's an article by Don Whitney (author of Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, a book hubby and I have been through together several times, and use frequently in discipleship and counseling--and HIGHLY recommend) challenging us to recognize that "private worship is an essential part of a healthy relationship with God".

No comments: