Saturday, February 21, 2009

Redefining Prophecy

Remember my conclusion that today's teaching and practice of 'continued revelation' is dependent up a redefining of prophecy? As you may know, this has been a topic of interest to me for several years now and moved higher on my priority list as I work through my NANC Theology exam.

I find it very interesting and telling that even Wayne Grudem, who has been credited with formulating and introducing a 'lesser view' of prophecy, acknowledges promoting a 'new definition'. Robert L. Thomas quotes Grudem:

Grudem refers to his approach as "my somewhat new definition of the nature of Christian prophecy" (The Gift of Prophecy in 1 Corinthians, xv, italics added).

Source: 1992 Winter, Bibliotheca Sacra (Dallas Theological Seminary's theological journal), "Prophecy Rediscovered? A Review of "The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today".

My studies continue... :-)

No comments: