Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful November ~ continued

Nov. 21 ~ I'm thankful for God's grace to parent the children He has given us!

I've never denied that parenting--when done well--is a tough job! But I KNOW I would not be able to do it without God's infinite grace! Amidst the trails and challenges of parenting, He grants us many, many joys--one of which I enjoyed just moments ago through this brief conversation:

Setting: Our family is just hanging around the house together, doing various chores in preparation for our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow--lots of chit-chat and joking around--oldest daughter and dad in kitchen, youngest daughter and I just around the corner in the living room.

Oldest daughter says to dad (with a pleasant tone after a gentle and matter-of-fact correction) "Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be raised in a family where the parents don't do Biblical counseling?"

Mom (me) quickly interjects: "Well, your dad and I are examples of that, what do you think!"

Dad: "Yea, you can see how messed-up we are, what do you think?"

Laughter all around, but the point is made--God's ways are the best and result in countless blessings!

No comments: