Thursday, May 10, 2012

"What'er My God Ordains is Right", by Indelible Grace




What'er my God ordains is right: holy his will abideth;

I will be still what'er he doth, and follow where He guideth:

He is my God; though dark my road, He holds me that I shall not fall: wherefore to Him I leave it all.

What'er my God ordains is right: He never will deceive me;

He leads me by the proper path; I know He will not leave me:

I take, content, what he hath sent; his hand can turn my griefs away, and patiently I wait his day.

What'er my God ordains is right: though now this cup, in drinking

May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it, all unshrinking:

My God is true; each morn anew sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart, and pain and sorrow shall depart.

What'er my God ordains is right: here shall my stand be taken;

Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, yet am I not forsaken;

My Father's care is round me there; He holds me that I shall not fall: and so to Him I leave it all.

~ Trinity Hymnal, 1961 ~

No comments: