Thursday, February 25, 2010

"35 Reasons Not to Sin"

Though I have been forgiven MUCH, I often am blind to my own sin. Today while perusing the literature display at our church I came across of a little list that our church has made available for several years now and I decided to share these reminders here over the next month as a way of first reminding MYSELF and hopefully encouraging others!

The list is called, "35 Reasons Not to Sin" and it sets forth Biblical truths in concise yet deeply convicting phrases. How gracious that God has not left us to wallow in our sin, but instead has provided the way to be reconciled to Him, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

I'll begin posting the "35 Reasons" one-by-one later today. My prayer is that you and I will draw closer to the Lord as we increase in our knowledge and understanding of what is pleasing to Him!

No comments: