Tuesday, July 01, 2008

You say you want a "Rebelution"...



This past weekend our family turned a one-day event, the 2008 "Rebelution" tour, into a really fun family outing! More details and pictures will follow, but I will tell you that one of the highlights of our weekend was getting to see TWO of my fellow-blogging friends face-to-face (Lisa @ Deo Volente, and Kim at Lifesong)!

Oh, and once again Olga and I were mistaken for SISTERS!!! I kid you not--it's happened to us at least a half dozen times over the years, and yes I do understand how 'weird' it sounds. I try not to think about it too much cause there will be a day (all too soon) when there will be absolutely NO question who the mother is!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Connie,
The girls really look like you and your husband. When I told our friends that were with us that they are adopted, they said they would have never guessed. That is usually the response Jon and I get when we tell people the twins are adopted. The twins really look alot like our oldest son, Josh.

GREAT family pic!!!

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

lisa: Thanks! You and I know all too well that adoption is just one of God's many 'smiling providences' that we never could or would orchestrate--it continues to 'blow me away'!

I've been following the blog of a Christian adoptive family now in Ukraine getting ready to bring home their 15 & 9 yr. old boys--last night I found myself gazing at some of the pictures and realizing just how much those boys look like their adoptive parents/family. It certainly isn't necessary that they look like us, but isn't it something how God often ordains such things?