Monday, July 07, 2008

Dallas ~ Food Glorious Food!


Shameful, isn't it? I title this one, "Food, glorious food!" :-)

Going back to Dallas is like going 'home' for us (hubby and me) because that's where we spent eight years of our early married life while he completed his undergraduate and graduate work. So it's only natural that we've shared our fond memories with our girls and passed along our love for many of the unique things and places that make Dallas special to us--one of which is our affection for a number of Dallas restaurants! Hubby and I have a number of all-time favorite places and have indoctrinated our girls accordingly.

To illustrate how serious this is, consider that prior to our recent extended weekend in Dallas I spent time on the internet plotting and noting the locations of various restaurants we 'had' to visit on our short trip. I know, it sounds pathetic, but it is 'who' I am--"Hello, my name is Connie and I'm a 'foodie'."

I blame this on my dear husband who is a card-carrying, certified Cajun by birth--these people know GOOD food. And, those who are believers take 1 Corinthians 10:31 (and other passages) quite seriously! So you won't be surprised that we managed to visit five of our favorite eating establishments during our very short visit.

Here's where we ate:

Le Peep They have locations in just about every state bordering Oklahoma, but not one IN Oklahoma--what's up with that!

Kuby's (this was actually a visit to their grocery store so that Olga and Nina could find some familiar 'Russian' food items--which they/we did!)

La Madeliene The next best thing to being in Paris! :-)

Great Outdoors "I'll have a number six with the 'works', please." Our love of this place goes way back to 1984!


These other pics. were taken while we were enjoying dinner at La Madeleine.



2 comments:

Staci Eastin said...

We had some Cajuns staying in the same condo building as we did on our last vacation. They were very nice and fed us boudin, but we couldn't understand a word they said.

Connie said...

staci: LOL! When I met my hubby he had only been away from Louisiana for a few years, but his accent wasn't too thick/strong. However, later after we got married we made a number of visits to his extended family in Louisiana and I noticed how quickly his accent 'returned'!

There was one time I called an uncle of his on the phone and after a few introductory comments from me, he simply asked me to 'slow down' cause HE couldn't understand ME! :-)