Just wanted you to know that my posting is likely to become even MORE sporadic as I attempt to devote more time to completing my NANC Certification exams.
I've listed the Theology exam questions below and noted where I stand on that question--composing, editing, finialized, etc. There's also a Counseling exam that I've been picking away at, but I have by far made the most progress on the Theology exam.
I would appreciate your prayers!
1. The Bible is spoken of as “inspired.” What does this mean? Editing
2. What is the relationship between infallibility and authority? Editing
3. What is the Bible’s authority on theological controversies? Editing
4. Compare and contrast the Bible and its authority to general revelation and its authority. Editing
5. Many Christians today speak of continuing revelation. Relate this concept to inspiration and sufficiency of the Scripture. Relate this concept to the issue of miracles, prophecy and tongues. Composing
1. State briefly the biblical basis for, and formulate the doctrine of, the Trinity. Composing
2. List and develop five attributes of God and how they relate to the believer’s life and counseling.
3. State briefly the biblical basis for, and formulate the doctrine of, God’s omniscience. Relate this doctrine to the teaching of “open theism.”
1. Who and what is man? Composing
2. What role does anthropology play in counseling theory and practice? Composing
1. Why did Christ die? Composing
2. He was “tempted in all things as we are” (Heb. 4:15). Discuss and relate to counseling theory and practice. Composing
1. “Justification by faith alone.” Discuss the meaning of this phrase. Composing 2. Sanctification is said to be past, present, and future. Discuss, including the idea of “union with Christ.” Composing
3. Do Christians persevere? What relationship does this have to counseling?
1. Who or what is the Holy Spirit?
2. What role does this Spirit play in the believer’s life and the counseling process?
3. Does the Holy Spirit guide Christians? If so, what means and methods does He use?
1. What is the church?
2. What role does the church play in the believer’s life and the counseling process?
3. What is the biblical teaching on women being ordained as officers of the church?
4. What authority, if any, does the church have over individuals and the counseling process?
1. Are you involved in a larger group, organization, or denomination, which disagrees with NANC’s Statement of Faith? If so, how do you differ from your larger group? Explain what you are doing to influence your group towards NANC’s position. Editing
2. If received as a NANC member, can you unequivocally sign the membership covenant? Editing
Transcript: The Briefing 10-31-14
1 hour ago